Monday, September 29, 2008

An Honest Conversation

Let me set the scene.  I am getting Taylor ready for soccer, she is in the kitchen tying her shoes and I am filling up her water bottle.  


Me: Wow!  I don't feel good...and I look horrible (let me point out that I am mostly talking to myself-while running around the kitchen)

Taylor: Yeah...you REALLY don't look good.

Me: Uhhh...Thanks...I think.

Taylor: You are welcome.  

She then hops off the chair, a bit too cheerful in my opinion.

Taylor: I will see you in an hour, you could look better when I get back.

Me: I will work on that.

Taylor:  Good.  

Just when you think that no one in the world is being honest...your 8 year old just really lets you know where you stand...

Okay, I have to run, cuz, maybe I SHOULD look better when she gets back :)

6 comments:

kris said...

Aimee, you are one of the most beautiful people I know -- both inside and out. So maybe you weren't as "put together" as you could have been at that moment -- doesn't mean you're not beautiful.
;-)

Angela said...

Kids are so funny! Conner and Kali have said a few things to me before that make me rethink how I must be presenting myself. They sometimes just aren't very tackful with how it comes off. I guess at least they are being honest- isn't that what we teach them to be? I'm so sad that Conner is moving on from your scouts. You've been so wonderful and made it so fun for him. Thanks!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! That girl cracks me up. You are pretty funny yourself! xxx, T.

Mar and Koki said...

She has the best conversations with you. You'll appreciate the honesty more and more I'm sure ;)

We always tailgate in the East parking lot. Along the trees. You'll see tents up. We usaully get there a couple of hours early. Everyone kind of brings what they are going to eat and then we put it all together.

It should be fun!

Marion said...

Okay so just kidding. We have decided to be wimps and not tailgate tomorrow cause it's going to be too cold. Sorry.

Lisa said...

Love it. I've got 4 more years until my little girl reaches 8!

I've found a ton of Redmond peoples tonight! I met Tex at my sisters reception a couple of weeks ago. Sweet little boy. I've always had a large place in my heart for special needs children. Your mom talked to me a little about him.

(It's Lisa Perry by-the-way!)

Lovely Pictures from Little Lime Photography!

We just got some great pictures taken from Little Lime Photography. They are amazing!

Jeffrey Parker

Jeffrey Parker
Our Wee Bear

Zachary

Zachary
Wacky Zachy

Taylor

Taylor
Our sweet Tay Tay